Restart your device.
A lot of issues can be resolved by simply restarting your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
In some cases, restarting Calendar+ will suffice. This is how:
- Double-click the home button
- Find the Calendar+ icon in the list of icons at the bottom and tap and hold on the Calendar+ icon until it starts wobbling
- Tap on the minus symbol on the Calendar+ icon
- Click once on the home button to stop the wobbling icons
- Click once more on the home button to close the list of icons
- Start Calendar+ again as usual
- Start Settings app and scroll down to Privacy
- Tap on Privacy
- Tap on Calendars
- Tap the switch on Calendar+ to enable access
- Start Settings app
- Scroll down and tap on Facebook
- Tap the switch on Calendar to off to disable Facebook calendar events
- Tap the switch on Contacts to off to disable Facebook birthdays
Or you can filter them out:
- Tap the gear icon in Calendar+ to bring up the menu
- Tap on Calendars
- Tap on Calendar under iCloud to filter out Facebook events
- Tap on Birthdays under Other to filter out Facebook birthdays
Note: The filtering does not remove anything, it merely does not display the information.
If you are getting the message “Cannot add an event” or something like that, then this is a known problem that Apple has not fixed yet. But you can get around it by doing the following:
- Start the Settings app on your iPhone
- Go to Email, Contacts, Calendars
- Scroll down to Default Calendar
- Change Default Calendar to another calendar
- Restart your iPhone
If this doesn’t solve it, then:
- Start the built-in iPhone calendar app
- Choose Calendars at the top left.
- Tap on Edit and then tap on Add Calendar… and add a new calendar.
- Start Calendar+ and choose this newly added calendar as your default calendar in the Calendar+ settings.
If this doesn’t work either, try turning on iCloud and then restarting your device.
Events are automatically displayed in the color of the calendar the event belongs to. So to display events in different colors, you need several calendars with the colors set for each. Additionally, Calendar+ has the unique feature of letting you choose a font for each calendar as well.
Each calendar can be named appropriately, e.g. “Work” or “Home” etc., to make it easier to choose them when creating events.
Here’s how to set it up.
Using Calendar+ 2.0 or later
- Open the Calendar+ menu with the little gear icon at the bottom right
- Tap the Calendars menu item. Your current calendars will be displayed with your current settings for font and colors, including an event dot, to allow you to review how events will be displayed in the month and week views
- Tap the Edit button at the top left to edit existing calendars, or scroll down under iCloud and tap Add Calendar… to add a new calendar
- Tap on the calendar you’d like to change the color, font or name for (Note that you cannot change the name for some types of calendars, such as the Birthdays calendar. Also, you cannot change the color for subscribed calendars.)
- Tap on the color to choose from one of the over 100 colors in the custom color palette or tap on the font to choose from one of over 19 custom fonts or 57 built-in fonts
- Tap Done, Done and Done to save and review the changes
If you are using iCloud to sync your calendars, you can manage all of your calendar details in the iCloud web interface if you like.
Note: Outlook calendar colors are not “honored” by the sync and are instead assigned a color.
You just need to enable the Emoji keyboard on your device and then you will be able to switch to it wherever you can type text (in all apps). Just press on the “globe” key on the keyboard to switch keyboards.
See the instructions below for setting it up:
iOS 5 or later
Open the built-in Settings app and choose General -> International -> Keyboards -> Add New Keyboard… -> Emoji
In the settings under Month View and Week View, there is something called Start time. What does this do?
This setting allows you to turn on or off the display of the starting time of all events in the the month or week view individually.
For example, here is the week view with the starting time on:
The Birthdays calendar is created automatically when you add birthdays to your contacts. Open the Contacts app and edit a contact and add the birthday field to the contact. Calendar+ automatically displays birthdays as all-day events with a little “present” icon and the age of the person.
Choose the one you would like (or disable it) in Calendar+ under Settings -> App icon badge.
- Week number
- Day of the month
- Day of the year
If you don’t want to display the badge, then choose None.
You may need to enable notifications for Calendar+ for the badge to work. Start the Settings app and choose:
Notifications -> Calendar+ -> Badge App Icon (Set to ON)
To make sure you always see all events, do the following:
- Start the Settings app
- Choose Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Scroll down to Calendars, choose Sync
- Choose All Events